Services and Products
Engineering and Detailing
Behbehani steel provides a total engineering service, from conceptual design to final erection. Our engineering design extends from industrial buildings to high rise towers - both commercial and residential.
Optimized software promotes project flow and minimizes waste. Our design and detailing team uses STAAD Pro, STRUCAD, STRUMIS, TEKLA STUCTURES (X STEEL), WINSTEEL, AUTOCAD, AUTODESK
- Material take-off
CNC Steel Fabrication
The SHBC steel manufacturing process uses the latest computer driven machines, operated by numerical control technology (CNC). Our factory is equipped with a comprehensive range of CNC - driven machines, including:
- CNC Drill Line
Fully Automated for drilling profile sections and also capable of scribing, hard marking and milling
- CNC Beam Coping
Robotic structural steel burning system maps the profile of steel beams by precision cutting using either an oxy or plasma torch.
- CNC Controlled Band Saws
Fitted with large electronically operated saws capable of batch processing profile.
- CNC Shot Blasting and Painting Line
Shot - blasts profiles and playes to SA 2.5 and higher from 6 different angles at one time. The blasted product is automatically shifted to another machines for primer coating built within the line.
- CNC Plate Processing Line
By drilling, hard marking or plasma or Oxy cutting (punching), this machine batch-processes steel plate accurately and uniformly. A major advantage is the machine's ability to minimize waste by intelligently 'nesting' before cutting.
Customized Steel Fabrication Solutions
- Rolling & slitting
Packaged Type Steel Enclosures
Our signature product is fabricated, assembled and packaged at our plant. Fabricated from complex lightweight through heavyweight steel, these structures support gathering centers, high rise buildings, desalination plants, refineries, petrochemical plants and other industrial facilities used for on-shore and off-shore operations. Our proven, high quality products exceed industry standards. SHBC steel treatment techniques are considered among the best in the region.
Each enclosure undergoes rigorous testing and inspection prior to shipment, and is transported on our 500 ton hydraulic trailer.
Steel enclosure options:
- Fire - resistance rating
- Blast resilience
- Heat insulation
- Humidity Control
- Fire fighting & fire alarm system
- Air conditioning
- Explosion roof
Structural Steel Component: Knock Down State
Mandrels are specialized drilling tools subjected to severe stresses at different positions. Our procedure for mandrel repair was developed in house to serve the region’s oil drilling industry. The SHBC machine shop operates state-of-the-art industrial equipment, including:
- Vertical and Horizontal Milling Machine
- Radial Press
- NDT Magna-Flux Tester
- Our custom built honing machine is capable of honing up to 21 inches in diameter and 30 feet in length, ensuring quality surface finish for best performance.
- Two custom 35 foot polishers provide high quality finish of chrome surfaces.
- Cylindrical grinding machine up to 24” diameter x 13’ length provides precision grinding process and ensures that exact specifications are met.
- Certified welders weld using equipment including TIG, MIG and ARC
Pump and Motor
- SHBC thoroughly tests all components on a diesel driven 450 test bench, one of the largest and most versatile benches in the region. This powerfully computerized bench checks that volumetric accuracy and overall efficiency is attained within the limits defined by OEMs.
- All controls and pressure points are properly set, and seals are tested for any external leaks.
- Our 36” power lapping machine is capable of lapping parts to within one millionth of an inch.
- SHBC technicians repair, rebuild, recondition, disassemble/assemble and test hydraulic cylinders.
- All hydraulic cylinders are tested
Chrome Tanks: Automatic temperature control and periodic reverse chroming ensures consistent, high quality chrome plating tanks. Horizontal capacity 40’, vertical capacity 12’, parts diameter up to 5’
Ball Valves: Our custom spherical grinding machine enables us to grind round surfaces to pre-set limits. Cracks on ball valves are ground down, rebuilt by welding, then ground to approved clearances and hard chromed to final finish. Ball valves up to 24” can be repaired and delivered within a short period of time.
On-site/in house inspection of cracks
On-site repairs, including without dismantling
Dye penetrant examination; magnetic particle damage assessment
State of the art practices
- SHBC uses proprietary stitching pins with patented hook threads to replace the crack itself. As the pins are torqued, a radial drawing force is created by pulling the two sides of the joint together. The sealing mechanism of the pin is complex, with many metal-to-metal contact surfaces.
- Locks made of high strength 4130 steel add additional strength to repairs.
Cargo capacity up to 500MT
CNC Seal Profiling Machine
Extensive inventory includes:
- Buffer Seals
- Food Grade seals approved by the FDA
- Rod and pin wipers
- Spectra seals
- Piston seals
- Imperial and metric O-rings
- Seals for leading heavy equipment brands
Assembly and Erection
Our highly qualified team of Lloyd’s certified welders and riggers install industry leading steel structures.
Production console directly linked to production control panel, which tracks each project component at every stage of the fabrication process
Comprehensive reports generated by advanced project updating system
Client Real-Time Tracking
Advanced software provides project tracking via a 3D model, in real time